top of page

If I am over assessed on my business rates what could I be entitled to?

If you are over-assessed on your business rates, you may be entitled to a reduction in your rateable value, which would result in lower business rates. This reduction can be applied retroactively, potentially resulting in a refund for overpaid business rates.

To get a reduction in your rateable value, you will need to provide evidence to support your claim. This could include information about the size, condition, and use of your property, as well as comparables (similar properties in the area).

If you are successful in getting your rateable value reduced, you will need to notify the local authority and the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) so that they can update their records and apply the reduction to your future business rates payments.

It is worth noting that the process of appealing your business rates can be complex and time-consuming. It may be helpful to seek the advice of a rating surveyor or other professional to guide you through the process and increase your chances of success.

2 views0 comments


bottom of page